Staff Scientist for Q-Chem, Inc.
Dr. Epifanovsky obtained his B.Sc. in Chemistry from Moscow State University in 2004. In 2010, he received his Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from the University of Southern California where he worked under the supervision of Anna I. Krylov. He has been a developer for Q-Chem since 2006, and in 2011 joined Q-Chem as a staff scientist.
Dr. Epifanovsky's research interests include the efficient computation of tensor algebra, and reduced-rank approximations in post-Hartree-Fock methods for ground and excited electronic states.
Evgeny Epifanovsky's publications:
(8) I. Polyakov, B. Grigorenko, E. Epifanovsky, A.I. Krylov, A.V. Nemukhin, "Potential energy landscape of the electronic states of the GFP chromophore in different protonation forms: Electronic transition energies and conical intersections" J. Chem. Theor. Comput., 6, 2377 – 2387 (2010)
(7) E. Epifanovsky, I. Polyakov, B. Grigorenko, A.V. Nemukhin, A.I. Krylov, "The effect of oxidation on the electronic structure of the green fluorescent protein chromophore" J. Chem. Phys., 132, 115104 (2010)
(6) I. Polyakov, E. Epifanovsky, B. Grigorenko, A.I. Krylov, A. Nemukhin, "Quantum chemical benchmark studies of the electronic properties of the green fluorescent protein chromophore: II. Cis-trans isomerization in water" J. Chem. Theor. Comput., 5, 1907 – 1914 (2009)
(5) E. Epifanovsky, I. Polyakov, B. Grigorenko, A. Nemukhin, A.I. Krylov, "Quantum chemical benchmark studies of the electronic properties of the green fluorescent protein chromophore: I. Absorption spectra of the anionic chromophore in the gas phase" J. Chem. Theor. Comput., 5, 1895 – 1906 (2009)
(4) B.C. Shepler, E. Epifanovsky, P. Zhang, J. Bowman, A.I. Krylov, K. Morokuma, "Photodissociation dynamics of formaldehyde initiated at the T1/S0 minimum energy crossing configuration" J. Phys. Chem. A, 112, 13267 – 13270 (2008)
(3) E. Epifanovsky, K. Kowalski, P.-D. Fan, M. Valiev, S. Matsika, A. I. Krylov, " On the electronically excited states of uracil" J. Phys. Chem. A, 112, 9983–9992 (2008)
(2) E. Epifanovsky, A.I. Krylov, "Direct location of the minimum point on intersection seams of potential energy surfaces with equation-of-motion coupled-cluster methods" Mol. Phys., 105, 2515 – 2525 (2007)
(1) A.V. Nemukhin, B.L. Grigorenko, A.V. Bochenkova, V.M. Kovba, E.M. Epifanovsky, "Structures of the peptide-water complexes studied by the hybrid quantum mechanical-molecular mechanical (QM/MM) technique" STRUCTURAL CHEMISTRY V15, N1, P3-9 (2004)
Send us your feedback regarding website content, functionality or submit an enhancement request.